Note: Version 2 has been released; Version 1 has been discontinued
Mac apps installed from Apple’s official Mac App Store are updated automatically – ensuring that your apps are running with the latest bug-fixes and security patches.
MacUpdater is a management solution for third party apps installed from sources outside the Mac App Store.
Fourteen months of active testing, I have only positive things to say about MacUpdater:
- Very reasonably priced one-time purchase
- Regularly updated to accommodate changes introduced by new versions of macOS, to augment existing features and to fix software problems
- Follows Apple’s macOS guidelines, so it is well-behaved and energy efficient
- Accompanying website (MacUpdater.net) is informative and up-to-date
- Developers are skilled programmers, love the Mac, are very responsive, helpful and moral
MacUpdater runs unobtrusively in the background, scanning your apps regularly and notifying you of any available updates.
- $15 – Standard Edition – up to 4 Macs owned by a single person
- $35 – Pro Edition – up to 7 Macs owned by single person/family
- $00 – Free Edition – scans installed apps, reports available updates, won’t install updates
- $35 – Business Edition – for one Mac
- Upgrade pricing is available for customers who bought MacUpdater 1 in 2020